El Dorado Lofts, built in 1914, described in 1914 by the Los Angeles Times as a magnificent hostelry with a strikingly beautiful façade and metropolitan conveniences, El Dorado Lofts was built by and originally named for local capitalist and financier, N. W. Stowell.
In every respect, this 12-story edifice grandly displays an amazing wealth of Southern California-acquired materials and detailing. Green glazed brick clads the exterior, while rich golden tones of Batchelder tiles adorn the interior walls and lobby columns.
Catering to businessmen and frequent travelers, the hotel offered a multitude of state-of-the-art refinements. A much-proclaimed venue for local social events, the Hotel Stowell was sold in 1938 and later renamed the El Dorado Hotel.
Through the efforts of Downtown Properties and many others committed to the renaissance of Downtown Los Angeles’ urban core, the historic Old Bank District has become a vibrant neighborhood filled with an ever-growing array of restaurants, theaters, art galleries and shops.
Residents can walk to work in the Financial District or Civic Center as well as, after work, to Little Tokyo, the Disney Concert Hall, Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, Mark Taper Forum or the Museum of Contemporary Art. South Park, Staples Center, LA Live and the Nokia Theatre are all just a short taxi or subway ride away.
- Authentic 1898 Solid Wood Doors with Replicated Hardware
- Low E/Dual Glazed Windows
- Window Seats or Deep Ledges (Selected Plans and Locations)
- Fully Finished and Sound Attenuated Ceilings
- French Doors or Sliding Glass Doors to Balconies (Selected Residences)
- Concrete or Fire Escape-Style Balconies or Landings
- Engineered Wood Flooring with Cork Underlay for Sound Attenuation
- Double-Compartment, Stainless Steel Franke® Sinks
- Hans-Grohe® Pull-Out Spray Arm Faucets
- Custom Snaidero® Italian Cabinets with Easy-Glide Drawers
- Granite Countertops, Bosch® Appliances in Stainless Steel Finishes
- Custom Snaidero® Italian Bathroom Cabinets
- Granite Bathroom Vanity Countertops
- Toto® Toilets with Silent-Close Seats
- Toto® Chrome-Finished Faucets and Tub/Shower Sets
- Soaking Tubs with Shower Heads and Ceramic Tile Surrounds (Most Bathrooms)
- Interior Laundry Areas Pre-Plumbed for Stacked Washers & Dryers