The Brockman, built in 1912 and Modernized in 2008, is a 12-story Classical and Romanesque Revival building located in the Jewelry District of Downtown Los Angeles. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2009. The building was built in 1912 for John Brockman and designed by George D. Barnett of Barnett, Haynes & Barnett. The Brockman Building was the first building west of the Broadway Commercial District to reach the city's 150-foot height limit. Brockman's move started a westward movement of the downtown commercial district and turned Seventh Street into the city's high-end retail district. Several department stores (including the original J.W. Robinson Co.) and office buildings were developed along Seventh Street after the Brockman Building was completed.
The 7th and Grand location is in the heart of Los Angeles' downtown arts and cultural renaissance. With unmatched architectural details and building finishes, the Brockman has been recreated as 80 elegant lofts. Exposed brick walls and light-flooded rooms add to the look and feel of open, spacious lofts. The site features 360 degrees of unobstructed panoramic views.
- Grand Lobby
- Building Security
- Lounging and Sun Deck
- Rooftop Fitness Center
- Hot and Cold Water Outdoor Spas
- Individual Storage Units
- Bottega Louie Restaurant and Gourmet Market on Retail Level
- Marble and Granite Countertops
- High Ceilings
- Oversized Windows
- Hardwood Flooring
- Designer Appliances
- European Bathroom Fixtures