Country Club Park is bounded by Olympic Boulevard on the north, Crenshaw Boulevard on the west, Pico Boulevard on the south, and Western Avenue on the east. It is adjacent to the Arlington Heights neighborhood. Country Club Park is partially gated on three streets; Gramercy Place, St Andrews Place and Wilton Place," that intersect Pico Boulevard and are closed to through-traffic.
A little Country Club Park history... The name Country Club Park refers to the area's previous use. In 1897, The Los Angeles Golf Club established a 9-hole course called the Windmill Links at Pico and Alvarado Street. Overcrowding inspired the organizers to move west and in 1899, the club moved to the corner of Pico and Western (the area that is now Country Club Park). The course remained there until 1910, at which time it moved to Holmby Hills.
After The Los Angeles Golf Club moved west, Isaac Milbank, with partner George Chase, subdivided the property for mostly large homes and mansions. Country Club Park matured in the 1920s and homes were constructed in the latest architectural styles: Craftsman, Tudor Revival, Spanish Colonial Revival, Colonial Revival and Mediterranean Revival.
In 2010, the neighborhood was designated a Los Angeles Historic Preservation Overlay Zone because of the large number of intact buildings dating back to the earliest phases of Los Angeles’ development. Country Club Park Heritage Plaza is at 1015 South Wilton Place. It has a children's play area, picnic tables, and a walking path.
Some more interesting details... 1120 Westchester Place in Country Club Park is where the pilot episode of American Horror Story was shot. Designed and built in 1902 by Alfred Rosenheim, the president of the American Institute of Architects' Los Angeles chapter, the home was previously used as a convent. An adjoining chapel was removed from exterior shots using CGI.
In 2018, American Horror Story: Apocalypse filmed the episode "Return to Murder House" in the house again. In 2021, the first two episodes of American Horror Stories set in the Murder House, were also filmed there again.