Santee Village, completed in 2007, is a collection of three classic industrial buildings including the Connell Building, the Eckardt Building & the Santee Building. Built for business tycoon Michael J. Connell in 1917, and designed by architect Frank Stiff, Hugo Eckhardt + G.W. Harding, it was part of LA's first garment and textile manufacturing construction boom that lasted through the 1930's.
All buildings in Santee Village consist of heavy concrete-frame construction and ornamental exteriors characteristic of early 20th century industrial era.
The Connell's facade features triplicate sets of steel-framed windows and a connecting bridge to The Santee Building.
The Connell was granted Historic landmark status in 2001 and is Mills Act approved.
Open space and livability of each unit has been the focus of the developers. Each residence has been raised to modern standards through careful selection of minimalist designs of fixtures and appliances.